Thursday 1 August 2024

Yumbya quits Wavinya regime

By The Anchor Writer

Machakos Health Minister Dr Daniel Munyao Yumbya quit his position this afternoon.

            Dr. Yumbya
Yumbya now joins a long list of top government officials who have resigned successively from the 23 month administration. 

His two paragraph letter on a plain paper did not explain why he was jumping ship.
Earlier Yumbya released a statement saying "My name is Daniel Yumbya. I was appointed minister for health in Machakos County in November 2022. I have served with diligence and with ability. However, today I want to say that as the Bible says in Ecclesiastes Chapter three, there is a time for everything. There is a time to cry and a time to laugh. There is a time to come in and a time to leave. (This is the) time to leave the department as the minister for health in Machakos.   I hereby tender my resignation as a chief executive (sic) committee member for health  with effect him from the date of this letter. 
I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for the opportunity you accorded me to serve in your cabinet. I thank you' , he said in remarks directed at governor Wavinya Ndeti. 
However sources say Yumbya is fed up of continous admonition by Governor Wavinya and pressure to defend a department that he has no actual control over. 
See also https://theanchormedia.blogspot.com/2024/08/turmoil-in-ndetis-government-sees-fall.html
Stay Anchored!

theanchormedia blogspot

Popular Posts