Thursday 17 September 2020

Kibwana:I have no billions for presidential campaigns

Makueni Governor Kivutha Kibwana declared today that he does not have the billions of shillings needed to fund his presidential campaign. 
Prof. Kibwana

The following is the statement in full.
"I have been asked a lot of times if I am prepared financially to run for president.  Those who asked me the question compared me to contestants seeking the same position and seem to have set aside billions of shillings to fund their campaigns. Allow me to openly say that I don't have billions of shillings set aside to fund my campaign. I take salary advances to pay my bills and sort a few personal matters. I live a simple public life like all other public officers.

I have been privileged to work in powerful offices with billions of shillings to manage. If I wanted to steal public funds and be like the rest, I would have gladly done so. But my faith and personal values are anchored on integrity and honesty. I firmly believe all of us are called to be stewards of the resources God has placed on our hands. And we will be accountable to him on how we managed his resources and people. It's a personal choice I made to be diligent and effective in service delivery. It's a sacrifice that has its own reward.  I am at peace when I know I didn't misuse or steal money meant to change lives. That peace is what matters to me.

So, I don't have billions of shillings set aside for the campaigns. But I believe Kenyans of goodwill who have a vision for the country will be great partners and stakeholders in this journey morally, financially and ideologically. You are my BILLIONS if it's money that can aid my journey."

theanchormedia blogspot

Popular Posts