Friday 20 January 2023

Top performer eyes medicine

By Gastone Valusi in 
Machakos.

Lower Eastern's arguably best overall candidate in 2022 KCSE Agnes Nzivo is from Misyani  Girls High School in Kangundo Sub-county.

She wants to pursue Medicine at the University of Nairobi. The 17-year old scored an A plain grade of 81 points in the final national examinations whose marking ended last week.
The A plain grade is a very rare grade in Lower Eastern region, with some  single schools in other counties scoring higher number of As than the cumulative figure of the region. 

Speaking to journalists outside the school ground today, an elated Agnes said her stunning performance in KCSE  has handed her a ticket to pursue the degree course in Neuro Surgeon, which she has been yearning to study since she joined the extra county school four years ago.

“I have no words and I cannot describe the amount of joy I have right now. I owe everything to God. I also thank my teachers and parents for standing by me and guiding me to achieve this grade,” said Agnes.

However, her success, she said did not come easy. “It was a rough and a bumpy ride to success. But I give it to my teachers who went out of their way to give me and my classmates maximum support,” she said.

Agnes's confession was affirmed his father Samuel Nzivo , who attributed his daughter performance was to hard work. 

“My daughter was focused all though and one of the most-hard-working and obedient in the school. The teachers also worked very hard in supporting my daughter and also  God heard our prayers,” Mr Nzivo said in an interview.

theanchormedia blogspot

Popular Posts